Who we are?
An internationally tried and tested model of Life Insurance Sales with an ambition to revolutionize Canada’s Customer experience with easy-access, straight forward product offerings via TV and Digital Marketing. Neilson Financial Services is a multi-national Life Insurance intermediary, specializing in product development and customer experience, making the purchase of Life Insurance as simple as our customers demand it to be.
Our Neilson Values of Results Driven, Customer Focused and Team Spirited are embedded in the foundations of our culture and are part of the common integrity found in every Neilson’er.
Neilson Financial Services Inc. is now seeking a Compliance Manager to join its Risk and Compliance function, with accountability for the day-to-day implementation of its compliance program, and proportionate management of legal and regulatory risk residing within the business.
The role presents an exciting opportunity to shape and mature compliance systems and controls to support the organization to maintain regulatory and procedural compliance, in an efficient and pragmatic manner. The role will be hands on, providing the opportunity to devise, implement and maintain compliance policies and procedures from concept to delivery.
- Responsibility for the day-to-day leadership of the compliance function and maintenance of the framework in place to ensure adherence to the firm’s regulatory obligations.
- Provide high quality regulatory advice to senior management and accurate, considered, and timely responses to ad hoc compliance related queries from business stakeholders.
- The review and approval of financial promotions, external communications, product collateral, project work packages, internal process documentation and scripts to ensure regulatory obligations are met.
- Design, scope and conduct Compliance Monitoring audits on risks inherent within call centre activities, and wider business risks.
- Assist in the development and performance of Neilson’s risk management framework designed to identify, monitor, analyse and report upon risks the firm might be exposed to.
- Manage incidents and loss events in line with Neilson’s incident management policy, devising a response plan and tracking actions through to completion.
- Provide technical support to Designated Representatives and Nominees to ensure all corporate licenses are kept up to date and meet provincial requirements.
- Support with the onboarding and administration of key suppliers, including regulatory due diligence where required.
- Point of contact for interaction with Canadian provincial and federal regulatory authorities.
- Act as a key contact for Neilson’s insurer/reinsurer partners, working with Neilson’s Product Manager to maintain an excellent relationship with key partners, whilst safeguarding Neilson’s interests.
- Investigate and respond to escalated complaints and oversee complaints administration, feedback and root cause analysis.
- Monitor the regulatory landscape and help the firm understand operational and commercial impact of regulatory change
- Draft, review and amend compliance policies and procedures.
- Maintain an excellent and up-to-date knowledge of Neilson’s products, systems and processes.
- Conduct counter-fraud reviews and investigations, in line with NFS’ fraud response plan.
- At least 3 years of experience working within compliance, risk and/or governance roles in an OSFI-regulated financial services firm.
- Knowledge and understanding of the individual life insurance market with detailed knowledge of CLHIA guidelines.
- In depth knowledge of federal and provincial data protection laws and regulations.
- A strong understanding of enterprise risk management and internal controls.
- Experience delivering compliance monitoring programs and audits.
- Experience working with insurance distribution companies.
- Proven capability to work across a wide variety of business challenges from advising on strategic/commercial initiatives to providing detailed solutions to improve operational processes.
- A track record of supporting the integration of innovative business solutions; advising on regulatory challenges and how they can be managed or overcome.
- Strong experience of developing and maintaining compliance policies and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Highly organized and methodical nature.
- A proactive self-starter, comfortable taking initiative and assuming responsibility.
- Embody the Neilson values and demonstrate the highest level of integrity.
- The ability to understand complex problems and help implement pragmatic solutions, from concept to delivery.
- A team player with a positive outlook.
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to influence the development of others.
- Excellent stakeholder management and relationship building skills.
- High degree of adaptability and willingness to embrace change.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Strong commercial understanding with the ability to evaluate the operational impact and value of recommendations.
What We Offer:
- A modern and clean office in downtown Toronto that is easily accessible by transit
- The opportunity to launch a career with growth and learning opportunities
- A collaborative, positive, and fun company culture
- A diverse and inclusive work environment· A diverse and inclusive work environment
- You must legally eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all candidates for their interest!