What you’ll do: Under the guidance of the Director of Software Engineering, the Senior Front End Developer will work as part of our Engineering Team to deliver new features and drive improvements that have measurable impact, while supporting our strategic initiatives at Neilson. You will work in an agile environment in a multi-disciplined team where product managers, architects, business analysts, developers, and testers all work together to develop great products. We are looking for a self-driven individual who is passionate about their career and keen to develop further, to discover new ways of working and step out of their comfort zone.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate every day with a multi-functional team (Engineering, QA, Product, UX Designers) to build the right things and deliver small chunks of working software each Sprint
- Attend regular Scrum events to collaborate with your team on work completed and in progress
- Write well-tested, easily understandable, and efficient code that leaves systems better than you found them
- Debug in different environments to find issues and be able to fix them
- Understand and improve application performance and monitoring of performance
- Mentor front-end developers
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical and performance issues in a production environment.
- Document systems, code and processes as necessary.
- Coordinate the workflow between designers and web developers.
- Collaborate with back-end developers to build a RESTful API.
- Communicate with external web services.
- Experience in enterprise global networks, cyber security, and cloud communications
Knowledge & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 8+ years of web development experience.
- Experience taking a lead role developing exceptional UI-centric software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers.
- Deep knowledge of SPA practices and commonly used modules.
- Experience with Node.js and Express.js for hosting a web application.
- Ability to create self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components.
- Writing non-blocking code
- Experience with building the infrastructure in a cloud environment for serving the front-end app and assets (Azure is preferred).
- Architecting and automating the build process for production, using task runners or scripts.
- Creating configuration, build, and test scripts for Continuous Integration environments
- Experience in TFS and/or Git for script and model version control.
- Experience working in agile environment, with small distributed teams.
- Strong technical, communication skills, interpersonal skills and good judgment.
- Highly responsible, good work ethics, organized and motivated team player.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £50,000.00-£70,000.00 per year