As the Application Support Engineer, you will be working in a fast paced and demanding environment where you will become a subject matter expert for the support and troubleshooting of our bespoke inhouse IT applications. The role will be spent ensuring that our business applications run smoothly, that the end users understand how to operate them effectively and efficiently and you will be required to provide proactive insights/suggestions for enhancements and improvements.
- Taking ownership of Service Desk (Zendesk) tickets to completion and provide customer focussed feedback and progress visibility.
- Troubleshoot both the applications client UI and backend database related issues and communicate issues back to UK Architecture and Development teams.
- Execute complex SQL statements to manage backend tasks and investigate data issues/queries.
- Identify systemic patterns within the IT applications that can be translated into system improvements or changes.
- Manage and take ownership of all scheduled batch jobs and report activity to ensure successful executions.
- Creating bespoke reports using SQL for stakeholders and managing SSRS reports.
- Maintain accurate documentation sets and perform knowledge transfer and best practise workshops as required.
- The role is port of our Service Desk team and will require assisting the Infrastructure team on various end user administration activities including onboarding/offboarding, deskside troubleshooting, application deployments
- 3 + years working in a 2nd/3rd tier application support and administration role.
- Knowledge of relational database management systems' (RDBMS) and Business Applications design.
- Minimum of 3 years hands-on experience of T-SQL/MySQL and SQL Server and have used it in your most recent roles. (Scripting, Stored Procedures, Links, Reporting through Excel and SSRS, Data Interrogation/Analysis).
- Exposure to working with both Development/Engineering teams and Change Management Offices.
- Knowledge of / exposure to ticketing systems and understanding of customer facing responsibilities.
- A passion for innovation and technology.
- Experience of PowerShell scripting.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Personal accountability and drive for excellence.
- Experience of IT-problem-solving.
Nice to Have:
- Writing and enhancing PowerShell scripts to provide automation capabilities.
- Working knowledge of IT security
- Basic knowledge of LAN, WAN, Windows Active Directory technologies.
- Perform basic SQL DBA functions
- Understanding of cloud-based technology and concepts (IaaS/PaaS / Windows Azure/ AWS)