As the Infrastructure Support Engineer you'll be our front line for IT infrastructure support, handling 2nd /3rd line incoming queries and requests from both end users and from department leads. You will also be proactive in assisting with infrastructure projects, security activities, and maintaining and enhancing the technology services offered at NFS.
- End User Computing: Assisting in the analysis and resolution of faults across applications, networking and hardware.
- Managing and Maintaining the server and infrastructure services estate (WSUS, WDS, RADIUS, VPN, Backup and Recovery).
- O365 Management (Users, Groups, Messaging (Email), Teams).
- Intune Management (Autopilot, Conditional Access, Configuration and Policies).
- Supporting Microsoft Azure based cloud infrastructures.
- Handling Service Desk (Zendesk) tickets to meet the SLA’s.
- Administration activities (onboarding/offboarding, permissions, security, archiving).
- Providing technical support for users with varying levels of IT knowledge and competence.
- Security activities: Working with the Information Security Manager to ensuring that all IT equipment complies with industry and company standards. Assisting with SIEM, vulnerability scanning and remediation.
- Provide a key delivery role for new infrastructure and security projects.
- Manage and take ownership of all scheduled and automated health checks and performance\capacity monitoring.
- Maintain accurate documentation sets and perform knowledge transfer and best practise workshops as required.
- Suggesting improvements to existing processes and procedures.
- 4 + years working in a 2nd / 3rd tier infrastructure support and administration role
- Windows desktop skills (Windows 10)
- Implementation knowledge of Office 365 cloud technologies.
- Excellent working experience of Windows Active Directory, Azure Active Directory and Group Policy management
- Knowledge of LAN and WAN technologies (including WAN, LAN, DNS, VLANs, routing, switching and firewalls)
- Experience in writing technical documentation and reports.
- Experience with scripting languages (Powershell)
- Cryptography and cert mgmt. experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Customer focused attitude
- Personal accountability and drive for excellence
- Team Spirited
- Enthusiasm for continuous improvement.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A passion for innovation and technology
Nice to Have:
- Working knowledge of IT security
- Experience with Meraki networking equipment
- Understanding of cloud-based technology and concepts (IaaS/PaaS / Windows Azure/ AWS)
- Experience with VOIP/SIP based telephony solutions
- Exposure to SQL/MySQL
- Internal application support using SQL databases